Two Ways to Request a Title the Library Doesn't Own
1. Request It Yourself From Another Library In Maine
Once you have found the title, click on the request button at the top of the page. Fill in your name, library bar code and pick-up site (Bangor Public Library), then submit.
2. Submit an order through the Reference Department
Reference Librarians will search for titles not found on URSUS or MaineCat through a nationwide database. Fill out an interlibrary loan request card at the Reference Dept. or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org To see what might be available nationally, try searching the patron version of WORLDCAT.
- Books requested through URSUS or MaineCat will usually arrive in 2-3 days via our delivery system. If the books are checked out or on hold for another patron, it may take longer.
- Books requested through our nationwide system arrive in 1-2 weeks.
- For libraries in the Northeastern Maine Library District, click here for more information about requesting ILLs from the Bangor Public Library.