Meeting Room Policy
For any other questions about the Library's Meeting Rooms,
please contact our business manager, Tina Hustus
Email: email@example.com Phone: 947-8336 x128. Fax: 945-6694.
Information about author events can be found here.
Use of the Libraryís Board Room, Crofutt Community Room, Lecture Hall, Story Room, Study Room and Business Center rooms are open to any group of citizens of Maine whose purpose is not illegal, subject to the following:
- Lecture Hall, Story Room, Study Room and Business Center rooms are available only during the hours the Library is open.
- The Crofutt Community Room and Board Room may be available when Library is closed.
- Kitchenettes available in the Board Room, Crofutt Community Room and Story Room.
- The following equipment may be requested and used at no additional charge: LCD projector, microphone, podium, screen, Tandberg, easel, screen, DVD or VHS player and TV unit
- Refreshments may be served, but no alcohol
- Use of any tobacco product is prohibited on Library premises.
- Groups may not hold regular weekly or biweekly meetings, although monthly meetings may be scheduled. Meeting consecutively for 2 or more days depends on availability.
- No admission may be charged, although fees to offset program costs may be collected.
- Donations for groups other than this Library may not be solicited.
- No direct sales or solicitations.
- Childrenís groups for students up to age 16 must be supervised by at least two adults.
- Each group is responsible for straightening up the room after use.
- Each group accepts responsibility for damage to the room or damage or loss of library equipment or furnishings. Each group accepts responsibility for the conduct of its members during the time of use. Groups causing excessive damage or whose meetings are disruptive to the normal operation of the Library may be asked to leave and forfeit the right to use rooms in the future.
- Groups are responsible for their own publicity which should indicate that the event is not Library sponsored. Groups are prohibited from making statements in their advertising or meeting announcements that suggest library sponsorship or endorsement.
- Exceptions to the Meeting Room Policies may be made by the Library Director or Board of Trustees.
- All organizations or groups using the Libraryís space shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Bangor Public Library and its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from any negligent act, omission or error of the organization or group resulting in or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the organization/groupís use of the Library meeting room.
145 Harlow Street | Bangor, Maine 04401 | 207-947-8336 | firstname.lastname@example.org