Computer and Internet Access
COMPUTER USE POLICY
The Bangor Public Library currently has more than 40 computer stations available to patrons who wish to use the Internet; the Library’s on-line databases; or to create documents using Microsoft Office. These computers may be found on the first floor near the Adult Circulation Desk and in the Youth Services Department on the third floor (computers in Youth Services are restricted to use by those 17 years and younger). Computer use and Internet access are free.
The Library has added a computer workstation in the Youth Services Department for adults bringing children to the Library. These parents or guardians may use this computer for 30 minutes at a time up to 90 minutes a day while their child or children are under their supervision in the Mother Goose Corner of the Library.
Those using Library Computers:
- Must bring a library card or some other form of identification to log onto the computer. Those without a Library Card may get a day pass at the Circulation Desk.
- All patrons are limited to 90 minutes of computer use per day.
- Black and white printing is $.10 per page. Color printing is $.25 per page. Each patron is limited to 50 pages per day. Print jobs may be picked up at any printer/copy machine located in the building.
- Patrons with overdue fees of more than $10 are blocked from using the public computers.
- There are no disk drives at the public workstations but documents may be transferred to USB flash drives.
- Please refer to our Internet Use Policy for more information.
145 Harlow Street | Bangor, Maine 04401 | 207-947-8336 | email@example.com